• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

dead link: the basics of mead fermentation

Barrel Char Wood Products

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Matt, I suspect that Lallemand retired all their old archival links some time back, as much of that information, while very useful at the time, has been supplanted by even more updated and quantitative information especially in the last 5 or so years. I have not been able to find an active link to that paper by Clayton Cone and I suspect that it is no longer available anywhere easily accessible by the public.

MattHollingsworth

NewBee
Registered Member
May 12, 2011
Samobor, Croatia
Matt, I suspect that Lallemand retired all their old archival links some time back, as much of that information, while very useful at the time, has been supplanted by even more updated and quantitative information especially in the last 5 or so years. I have not been able to find an active link to that paper by Clayton Cone and I suspect that it is no longer available anywhere easily accessible by the public.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to find it for awhile last night with no luck.

Ah well. Figured it'd be worth a read. Cheers.

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
Lallemand seems to have taken that article off their site. I suspect if you contact them, they'll probably be willing to send you a copy. I don't happen to have one, but having read it in the past, I can assure the info you'll get here is as up to date and "state of the art" as there is.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The information here is actually more up to date than that article. I'll check around and see if I still have it somewhere.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns