Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Default something on top of the mead

I'm on well water so I boiled my water and let it cool I had a perivous batch go vinagar beacuse I used tap water and didn't heat it this looks very simalar to what happened to that one it kinda has bubble sitting ontop I shake the carboy and it goes way but comes back in 8 hours or less. I will try to post a picture later

18lb wildflower honey
    Yeast nutrient
    71b yeast
    Fermenting well

Pictures would probably be helpful, but bubbles are somewhat normal. Is this a 5 gallon batch? How long has it been running?
    Bees stole my signature file!

Sorry the pictures suck its dark out and yes it a 5 gallon batch it been going for about 2-3weeks currently at 1.109

1.109 after two weeks? That's still pretty high if it's been active for two weeks unless it started REALLY high... What was its starting gravity? If it was around 1.130 like the mead calculator thinks, it's only got about 3% alcohol at the moment.

Or is it at 1.009? (if that's the case, we've all done it )

"The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

Those pictures look about par for the course of stuff on the top forming bubbles.
    Bees stole my signature file!

I wouldn't worry about it, that looks like normal. If you can post pics are are more clear, we can give you a more definative answer. Also, double check your S.G.. did you misplace the zero?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huh. for some reason the photo won't show on Firefox, I actually had to open IE. Now I feel dirty.

Nonetheless, I agree, this looks like normal, although my batches usually get that over the whole surface, maybe that's why yours is moving so slowly. What temperature is it at?
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014