• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

2012 Washington Mead & Cider Cup

Barrel Char Wood Products

icedmetal

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 16, 2009
Everett WA
Hi folks! I'm a member of a brew club, called the Greater Everett Brewers League, or GEBL for short. I thought I'd post the details of our new annual competition in hopes that GotMeaders will turn out in force and rock the show. It's strictly a cider and mead competition, and in an area where there are many BJCP-certified judges that specialize in these areas. I'll personally be submitting a couple batches that have been getting good marks when I bother to compete, so there will be some good competition! Here's the write-up, check the link at the end for all the details.

CAN YOU TAKE THE CUP?

Enter the 2012 Washington Mead & Cider Cup: Washington's 4th Annual Mead and Cider only competition, brought to you by the Greater Everett Brewer's League on behalf of the Washington Homebrewers Association. All Meads, Ciders, and Perries will be accepted as defined by the 2008 BJCP Guidelines for categories 24 - 28. BJCP judge feedback, custom awards and fantastic prizes.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.gebl.org/articles/2012-washington-mead-cider-cup/

icedmetal

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 16, 2009
Everett WA
Entries accepted until this Friday, get them in the mail! I'm entering three meads and two ciders, first time I've entered more than one in a contest at once. Fun!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns