• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

bentonite question.

Barrel Char Wood Products

1eightdevils

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 2, 2013
Vandalia OHIO
So I just added some ld carlson bentonite to my gallon of mead to clear it up.
was wondering if I should keep it at 68-71 degr. or in my mini fridge at 49-55.
did not know what temp range would be best. Thanks

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
So I just added some ld carlson bentonite to my gallon of mead to clear it up.
was wondering if I should keep it at 68-71 degr. or in my mini fridge at 49-55.
did not know what temp range would be best. Thanks
Well it'd probably be fine at the higher temp, but if there's space in the mini-fridge put it there.

It'd be like a partial cold crash. Not really down to the 33/34F for a proper cold crash, but I'd have thought it should help........

eimer

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 23, 2013
4 degrees celcius worked for me, you can check my post subjected First Bentonite Experiment.

Kelvin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2012
Indiana
Honestly, you don't need it. Just let it sit longer. I have some bentonite I used once. It didn't seem to work and actually I thought it screwed the taste up. I'd just go with letting it sit longer or cold crashing it before using that stuff.

Just my 2 copper (pre 1982 penny anyway)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns