Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Default Kyocera - So good.

I have had two experiences with Kyocera products, one a knife. I sent it in for the free sharpening and in the time I sent it out and it arrived at the facility my credit card was lost. The number they had was no longer good. So they wrote me an email saying not to worry, they would cover the shipping and thanks for being a loyal customer. (You bet I am!)

Next, it was with a CONTAX AX camera.. a really cool or overly complicated, depending on your point of view, film camera that uses Carl Zeiss T* lenses. It was auto focus with rangefinder lenses, so it moves the film plane to focus. I sent it to the repair facility in NY City where they do a flat rate repair (I think it was 200 bucks). A while later they call me and say they can't fix it, it has to go to Japan.

So I'm thinking, here we go...shipping to Japan and back plus the extra parts cost etc = a fortune and I'm going to tell them to just keep the thing.

WRONG... no cost shipping to Japan and back and they honor the flat rate repair cost! I got back a practically brand new camera that had almost all the guts replaced! A new lease on life!

I can't say enough good things about this company and how they stand behind their products!

Still using a Kyocera cellphone I got maybe ten years ago... it mostly still works as well as it ever did, but the best feature (a clip built right into the battery cover) broke off... it's on its second battery (yeah, who the hell replaces cellphone batteries these days anyway) and the numbers have rubbed off the keypad... and sometimes it makes me enter my password twice... but I'm kind of loathe to trade it in when it still works... although this does kinda explain why I'm still driving a car that's over 30 years old...
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

When something works, stick with it.

My home phone. That silver thing is my massive water cooling rig.

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now.

I dont even have a home phone... No point in paying for a line that only gets called by telemarketers.
    Gallons O' Boos made since 2012: 69
    "It may take longer to be patient" ~Chevette Girl
    My Home Brewing Blog

I just got a Kyocera rise phone and love it.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Blue View Post
    I dont even have a home phone... No point in paying for a line that only gets called by telemarketers.
    When the ice storms come and take out the cell towers WE WILL HAVE ALL THE POWER to call for pizza delivery.

Default Wow !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mannye View Post
    I have had two experiences with Kyocera products, one a knife. I sent it in for the free sharpening and in the time I sent it out and it arrived at the facility my credit card was lost. The number they had was no longer good. So they wrote me an email saying not to worry, they would cover the shipping and thanks for being a loyal customer. (You bet I am!)

Next, it was with a CONTAX AX camera.. a really cool or overly complicated, depending on your point of view, film camera that uses Carl Zeiss T* lenses. It was auto focus with rangefinder lenses, so it moves the film plane to focus. I sent it to the repair facility in NY City where they do a flat rate repair (I think it was 200 bucks). A while later they call me and say they can't fix it, it has to go to Japan.

So I'm thinking, here we go...shipping to Japan and back plus the extra parts cost etc = a fortune and I'm going to tell them to just keep the thing.

WRONG... no cost shipping to Japan and back and they honor the flat rate repair cost! I got back a practically brand new camera that had almost all the guts replaced! A new lease on life!

I can't say enough good things about this company and how they stand behind their products!
    KYOCERA AND CONTAX AX !!! I SO needed to hear some good customer service stories.... Usually, that is among the first things that get cut when the economy gets rough. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Don't Panic!

From Portugal to Poland, on a perpetual pursuit for more honey.....

Issues unique to the Netherlands at
    http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthr...880#post222880

Quote Originally Posted by mannye View Post
    When the ice storms come and take out the cell towers WE WILL HAVE ALL THE POWER to call for pizza delivery.
    Last time I ordered pizza during a severe winter storm (blizzard Nemo last year).
    It took 1 hour. I called to see where it was. They told me it was on the delivery car. Another hour and no pizza. I call AGAIN and they say sorry they are backed up.

Wait a minute. An hour ago you said it was out for delivery.

Needless to say after 2.5 hours, I had to cancel my order. Call foodler to get my money back, and never got any pizza.

So you can have all the winter storm pizza. I'm out of that game my friend.
    My Home Brewing Blog

Talking

Last time I ordered pizza during a severe winter storm (blizzard Nemo last year).
    It took 1 hour. I called to see where it was. They told me it was on the delivery car. Another hour and no pizza. I call AGAIN and they say sorry they are backed up.

Wait a minute. An hour ago you said it was out for delivery.

Needless to say after 2.5 hours, I had to cancel my order. Call foodler to get my money back, and never got any pizza.

So you can have all the winter storm pizza. I'm out of that game my friend.
    Actually, what meant was that when the ice storms take out YOUR cell towers, I'll order pizza here in Miami Beach.

Cell tower Smell tower. I order food on the internet. And there are no ice storms in miami.
    My Home Brewing Blog

Cell tower Smell tower. I order food on the internet. And there are no ice storms in miami.
    Internet Schminternet... and if you think there aren't any ice storms in Miami, you haven't seen my wife after I've spilled a gallon of honey water all over the floor.