Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I lost my cinnamon sticks!

I think I'm losing my mind. I swear I put three 3 inch cinnamon sticks in a 1gallon batch of cider on the 4th. Batch was started on 9/16, racked on 10/16 and was just aging when I thought I added cinnamon on 11/4. Went to taste it tonight and they are gone. Check all my other jugs, pants pockets, bench all over. I remember putting them in though. They wouldn't desolve would they in the alcohol?

Nope, it is basically bark, and won't dissolve in alcohol. Might uncurl like it does when I
    leave it in for months...
    Bees stole my signature file!

Ok now what the hell did I do with them.

Does your cider taste like it has cinnamon in it? Do any of your other batches have an unexplained cinnamon taste to them? DId you get your cinnamon from the cheapest source in an unmarked bottle? Any little piles of red grit on the bottom of your jug? Did you check to see if your cinnamon stick bottle was actually opened? Seriously though, are you keeping notes on each batch? I find if I write down each step it makes it a lot easier to keep track of whats going on, and if you are forgettful, a little check mark beside each addition after it was made helps you to know if you actually probably added it or were just thinking about adding it when you wrote out the notes. WVMJ

Quote Originally Posted by WVMJack View Post
    Does your cider taste like it has cinnamon in it? Do any of your other batches have an unexplained cinnamon taste to them? DId you get your cinnamon from the cheapest source in an unmarked bottle? Any little piles of red grit on the bottom of your jug? Did you check to see if your cinnamon stick bottle was actually opened? Seriously though, are you keeping notes on each batch? I find if I write down each step it makes it a lot easier to keep track of whats going on, and if you are forgettful, a little check mark beside each addition after it was made helps you to know if you actually probably added it or were just thinking about adding it when you wrote out the notes. WVMJ
    Ive come to the conclussion that i dreamt it. None of my bottles had any cin sticks in it and nothing tasted extra cinnamony.

You are supposed to do your work before you sample to much of your work! Maybe we need to get you to count your cinnamon sticks every week WVMJ

I could pass a lie detector test if I was questioned on it. Still swear I put em in.