• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I lost my cinnamon sticks!

Barrel Char Wood Products

McJeff

NewBee
Registered Member
May 17, 2013
Farmington, Maine
I think I'm losing my mind. I swear I put three 3 inch cinnamon sticks in a 1gallon batch of cider on the 4th. Batch was started on 9/16, racked on 10/16 and was just aging when I thought I added cinnamon on 11/4. Went to taste it tonight and they are gone. Check all my other jugs, pants pockets, bench all over. I remember putting them in though. They wouldn't desolve would they in the alcohol?

WVMJack

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 12, 2013
Karnage, WV
www.wvmjack.com
Does your cider taste like it has cinnamon in it? Do any of your other batches have an unexplained cinnamon taste to them? DId you get your cinnamon from the cheapest source in an unmarked bottle? Any little piles of red grit on the bottom of your jug? Did you check to see if your cinnamon stick bottle was actually opened? Seriously though, are you keeping notes on each batch? I find if I write down each step it makes it a lot easier to keep track of whats going on, and if you are forgettful, a little check mark beside each addition after it was made helps you to know if you actually probably added it or were just thinking about adding it when you wrote out the notes. WVMJ

McJeff

NewBee
Registered Member
May 17, 2013
Farmington, Maine
Does your cider taste like it has cinnamon in it? Do any of your other batches have an unexplained cinnamon taste to them? DId you get your cinnamon from the cheapest source in an unmarked bottle? Any little piles of red grit on the bottom of your jug? Did you check to see if your cinnamon stick bottle was actually opened? Seriously though, are you keeping notes on each batch? I find if I write down each step it makes it a lot easier to keep track of whats going on, and if you are forgettful, a little check mark beside each addition after it was made helps you to know if you actually probably added it or were just thinking about adding it when you wrote out the notes. WVMJ

Ive come to the conclussion that i dreamt it. None of my bottles had any cin sticks in it and nothing tasted extra cinnamony.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns