• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

SAVE the DATE!! Introduction to Mead Making November 14 & 15, 2014

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Introduction to Mead Making

Friday and Saturday, November 14 & 15, 2014

Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science
UC Davis

The mead makers who are developing our course have each won multiple awards both nationally and internationally. Their skill and expertise will be shared with each participant.

Instructors include:
Chik Brenneman; Winemaker and Manager, LEED Platinum Teaching & Research Winery, Department of Viticulture and Enology, UC Davis, CA

Petar "Oskaar" Bakulic; President, Mazer Cup International Mead Competition

Michael Fairbrother; Proprietor, Moonlight Meadery, Londonderry, NH

Mike Faul; Proprietor, Rabbit’s Foot Meadery, Sunnyvale, CA

Amina Harris, Director,Honey and Pollination Center, Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science, UC Davis, CA

Ken Schramm; Author TheCompleat Meadmaker, and Proprietor, Schamm’s Mead,
Ferndale, MI

Registration opens August 1, 2014

FEES: $450 early registration
$525 after September 15

Program fees include all coursework and materials; light breakfast, lunches and Friday evening reception
Honey and Mead Tastings

For more information, contact Amina Harris aharris@ucdavis.edu

pokerfacepablo

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2012
St. Cloud, MN
I see the contact email... What is the Itinerary and is there anything for the novice mead maker? Can the contact respond on gotmead?

edblanford

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Just completed registration. I am sure it will be a great course, plus will get to put faces with many of those well know on this board (Ken, Oskaar, and others) plus many more, I am sure!

Ed

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Just completed registration. I am sure it will be a great course, plus will get to put faces with many of those well know on this board (Ken, Oskaar, and others) plus many more, I am sure!

Ed

Well, What did you think of the Course? What was the biggest best thing you took away from it? How much experience did you have before as a Mazer. How will this new class info affect what you do now after the new knowldge?

Anything else you would want to say ???? All ears :)

edblanford

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Unfortunately I was unable to attend at the last minute due to some health issues. I started making mead in the mid 80's, stopped for about 15 years due to life circumstances, then started again several years ago, with a lot more science involved. Really hated to miss the class, but sometimes life gets in the way of things.

rylo@shaw.ca

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 28, 2014
Vancouver
We went to the Nov. 2014 workshops. Very good value considering what we learned. Also, met a lot of People that we want to keep in touch with.

IamAwake

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 7, 2014
boo!

I see the contact email... What is the Itinerary and is there anything for the novice mead maker? Can the contact respond on gotmead?

As a person who lives in California but just registered on this site today...boo! I would have totally gone. I have come here a few times the last couple years while starting my mead-making adventure, but only for a specific post as a link from a query in google - never as starting here. Shame on me! When's the next one?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns