Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back

1. Default I'm Back

After 8 long years away, I've finally found my way back.

I never got around to making the chocolate peppermint mead, but the tequila mead (I think I'm going to start calling it tequilamel) was pretty amazing. I'm planning on starting another batch just as soon as I finish my inventory of equipment that's been sitting around collecting dust for the last 7 years and figure out what I'm going to have to replace.

Also, I need to do a lot of catching up on the latest and greatest developments in the mead world.

BOMM is the latest thing. Check it out!

Default I'm Back

Where in Texas are you? Or are you begrudgingly transplanted?

In any event, welcome back!

Better brewing through science!

See my brewing site at www.denardbrewing.com

See my Current Mead Making Techniques article here:
    http://www.homebrewtalk.com/current-...echniques.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that's the bomm guy!!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! He'll see us!!!!

Haha. Manny, you are hard to miss!

Quote Originally Posted by loveofrose View Post
    Where in Texas are you? Or are you begrudgingly transplanted?
    You just assume he's from Texas because of his handle? He might have gone to the better school on the correct side of the New Mexico / Texas border

From another Aggie that grew up with a bumper sticker that said "If god had meant for Texans to ski, he would have given them a mountain"

Cheers
    Jay

I could be mistaken. Perhaps I was over zealous for a fellow mazer near me. I seem to be rare in "these parts."

Hey Mannye. Me & pokerface are gonna call him BOMMMAN. You in with that?
    better to do it than to live in the fear of it
    Drink mead & do stupid things faster

Quote Originally Posted by loveofrose View Post
    I could be mistaken. Perhaps I was over zealous for a fellow mazer near me. I seem to be rare in "these parts."
    You're probably correct, it's just that sometimes I feel as an alumni it's my duty to remind people that Texas A&M aren't the only aggies around.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JayH View Post
    You're probably correct, it's just that sometimes I feel as an alumni it's my duty to remind people that Texas A&M aren't the only aggies around.
    We're not the only Aggies around, but I think that the fact that you feel the need to remind everyone says everything that needs to be said. :-)

I was born in San Marcos, raised in Odessa, attended school in College Station, and currently live in Midland.

I also spent a few months in North Carolina after college, but that didn't last long.

Sometimes I just remind people because even in this day and age most of America seems to think that New Mexico isn't part of the US

I have a T-shirt that says

New Mexico

Not Really New
    Not Really Mexico

You would be amazed at the number of people that ask me what it means.

As a kid I remember the local paper publishing a pair of letters, the first from the then Governor of New Mexico on his official letter head with an American flag on the top left corner and a New Mexico Flag on the top right asking for some kind of information, I forget what. The response from the state department was great. It informed him that this kind of request would not be granted to non US entities and that he had to go through his local consulate to request the information!

now off of my soap box

Cheers
    Jay

Have a listen tonight on GotMead Live, you just may hear your name mentioned! Tonight at 9 Eastern, 6pm Pacific, and if you missed, it, catch the re-play on SoundCloud, iTunes or here.
    Started mead making in 2014.
    Home Brewing Biography: Home brewing? I have extensive knowledge and experience in home brewing. Most every cup of coffee I have ever drank was brewed at home. In a percolator coffee pot. Does anyone here even know what that is?

JayH, interesting, especially since most everyone knows about Carlsbad Caverns (no, not in Carlsbad, CA) and Alamogordo. At least if they attended school on those days. I still occasionally am asked if there is really a wall around Salt Lake City to keep the non-Mormons out. Many people are just that clueless!

Ed
    You may see the stars but still not see the light!

Storm1969 "when you know the rules, you are a tradesman, when you follow the rules you are a craftsman, when you know when to break the rules you are an artisan"!

Yes I grew up in Alamogordo, (Means Fat Cottonwoods if anyone is interested) anyway they say that is where the 1st atomic bomb was detonated, so I guess I have an excuse for being weird.

When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, we took a field trip to Trinity Site, most of us picked up pieces of Trinitite and took them home. I had a wonderful piece of green glass about the size of a softball on my dresser for years. Trinitite is the glass that was formed from melting the sand out in the desert when they exploded the first bomb. Then when I was in about 5th grade there was a big deal made of it and we all had to tell our teachers if we had any. They sent people around in heavy lead lined suits and picked them up with tongs and dropped them in a lead box, I meanwhile had played with it for years, Needless to say, it kind of freaked my mother out.

Cheers
    Jay

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mannye View Post
    BOMM is the latest thing. Check it out!
    That definitely looks interesting. I may to to try it out sometime, but for now, I'm perfectly happy to wait.

I'll be starting in with a recipe that, last time I used it, took 7 months to finish fermenting.

I'm not in any particular hurry.

Ed, Sorry man. If there ever was a touché moment. I cant help myself.

[QUOTE]I still occasionally am asked if there is really a wall around Salt Lake City to keep the non-Mormons out. Many people are just that clueless!

I am just thinking back on your generalizations of Florida residents.

LOL, that's ok Kernel. We all have our differences and generalizations. Mine have not changed about Florida (that is what I experienced from almost 6 years there, and a big part of why I left). Your mileage may certainly vary. No offense intended or taken.

Ed
    You may see the stars but still not see the light!

Storm1969 "when you know the rules, you are a tradesman, when you follow the rules you are a craftsman, when you know when to break the rules you are an artisan"!

[QUOTE=... I feel as an alumni it's my duty to remind people that Texas A&M aren't the only aggies around.[/QUOTE]

We're not? I actually know a few non-Texas Aggies myself, we poke fun at each other a lot.

Gig'Em,

David '93
    “Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could’ve become beer, but didn’t.” ~ Walter Thornburgh

"I carry two magnums: One is a gun and I keep it loaded. The other is a bottle and it keeps me loaded." ~ Tracer Bullet (Calvin & Hobbes)

[QUOTE=kernel crush;246154]Ed, Sorry man. If there ever was a touché moment. I cant help myself.

I still occasionally am asked if there is really a wall around Salt Lake City to keep the non-Mormons out. Many people are just that clueless!

I am just thinking back on your generalizations of Florida residents.
    You mean there isn't a wall?

:::runs away laughing like Daffy Duck::

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Clwurster View Post
    Hey Mannye. Me & pokerface are gonna call him BOMMMAN. You in with that?
    BOMM MAN eh? What's the costume look like? I'm thinking Marvel rather than DC.

I really suggest you try the one gallon BOMM. It's really a 90 day mead that is very drinkable after just 30 days. It really gets great at a year old but I don't know what happens after a year since it never lasts that long in my house.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast