Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!
  1. Default Suppliers in the EU

I was wondering if there is a list or if some of you here can give me some suggestions for getting supplies online. Locally would be better.
    I stay in France (yet my French is terrible), and work in Switzerland (Geneva) to give you an idea of where I am. I haven't been able to find anything and was told to ask around.

I have found what appears to be a fairly large online store based in Belgium but thought I would ask first.

I also mean anything.. from yeast to bottles, cleaning solutions, etc.

Thanks in Advance

2. Default

Anyone in the EU ever bought from brouwland?

I personally buy from hopandgrape.co.uk. I find their service very good, they carry a wide range of products including the lalvin brand, and the prices are very reasonable. I bought a precision hydrometer and was very pleased with the care taken to package it. I also have a lot of control on how the items are shipped. I can get yeast packets sent in an envelope, small packages with or without insurance, and it keeps scaling up
    There are a couple of sites mentioned in this thread: http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthr...nts-and-Europe
    "Shouldn’t we say wine is a mead-like beverage made with grapes substituted for the honey?" - Steve Piatz

4. Default

Thanks Stasis

That thread gives me quiet a bit to work on and seems like many others use Brouland.
    I ended up ordering something from the Belgium branch on Monday afternoon.. and just got a mail to let me know my stock has ready for collection.
    That took less that 36 hours so for that I am happy... will go check collect after lunch and see if everything is in one piece
    They don't seem to stock many of the yeasts mentioned here, but the thread as many alternatives which I know need to go through

Seriously, if there is anyone in Europe reading this thread hoping to find nutrients in Europe check out www.Baldinger.biz. For more detailed info I left a much longer post in the thread "Of nutrients and Europe" which I mentioned just 2 posts ago. It is described as "The motherload", nuff said check it out
    "Shouldn’t we say wine is a mead-like beverage made with grapes substituted for the honey?" - Steve Piatz