• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Whats for dessert?

Barrel Char Wood Products

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
I make something similar to this, the biggest difference is I pan fry the pineapple ala banana foster, in fact my banana foster was the inspiration one day when I didn't have any bananas and the only fruit I had was a can of pineapple.

Caramel sauce is very simple to make and you can usually make a far better sauce than you can buy. I have some in the fridge right now that I flavored with a reduced batch of JAO instead of run, quite tasty.

I also like something crunchy in it and if you notice there are what look like crunch bits that he doesn't mention between the pineapple and the frozen yogurt. I usually take some walnuts or something of that ilk, toss them with a bit of caramel and place that in the hole. I've always used Ice Cream instead of yogurt, but that is up to you.

I love the look of the the thin pieces of pineapple on top, I suspect it tastes great, wish I had thought of it.

However what I often do is make either a cup or some kind of decoration out of caramel to place the ice cream in. I actually found the perfect thing is an old onyx egg I bought in Mexico one time for the mold. Sometimes I also make something out of caramel to go on top (or both). It's easy and really ups the presentation.

caramelcups.jpeg

(Example from google)

Let me know how the roasted pineapple strips go I think I'm going to have to try them.

Cheers
Jay

ScottBehrens

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Aug 26, 2012
Vero Beach, FL
I only went as far as the rum roasted part twice now, the first result ended up in a mead, yesterdays went to the grill with bacon and carmelized onion pork tloins.

Great idea you have there with the cups and crunchies...he doesn't mention that fancy spear in the ice cream either.

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
You could probably make something like that by quick pouring a thin straight line of caramel on some parchment paper (or tin foil would do) and sprinkling some sea salt on it real quick before it got a chance to dry.

Cheers
Jay

A

Alexandra Khilova

Ingredients:

250 g milk
250 g whipping cream
100 g sugar
2 yolks
50 g chocolate
1 tbsp cacao powder

Directions:
1. Cook crème anglaise with milk: egg yolks whisk with the sugar until light and fluffy. Bring the milk to boiling point. Remove from the heat. Slowly pour on the egg yolks to temper. Continue whisking. Pour back in the saucepan and cook over low heat until the cream thickens. Add the cacao powder to the cream. Cool to 30-35 C . Add the chopped chocolate to the cream and whisk until completely incorporated. Cool to room temperature.
2. Stir in the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
3. Process in an ice cream maker according to your machine’s manufacture’s instruction.

I make in my Conair Cuisinart ICE-211. This ice cream maker is the best ice cream maker EVER! I love that you can get a spoonful of ice cream right out of the machine while it is running! A good review on it and others ice cream makers you can find on bestadvisor.com . I used to always use one of those ice cream makers that you have to put ice and salt around, you know the ones, and they take forever to make the ice cream. This one seriously takes only 20 minutes max, but most of the time it takes less than that! Just make sure you have your ice cream base very well chilled before you try and freeze it. Also, this ice cream maker lasts very well, I've had it over a year making at least 2 batches of ice cream a month and I haven't had a single issue with it. It is a fantastic product!

pokerfacepablo

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2012
St. Cloud, MN
I make home made ice cream a lot during the holidays. Usually to pair with the rumtopf I started in early summer.

A big thanks for sharing. You better believe I will be trying this soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jessica.patel

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 26, 2016
hello i'm new user. we specialize in homemade pies, cheesecakes, cakes, cookies & rich brownies.
We are a family owned business in Mansfield, Ohio. Stop in, grab a cup of coffee & a slice of dessert.
Your taste buds will thank you!

rehards
jessica patel

58limited

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
May 25, 2015
SE Texas
www.1958buickforum.net
I'm not normally a fan of peaches but this is awesome, and it has honey! When I make these I turn the peaches over and grill them on the non-pit side for a bit as well. The skin peels right off when you eat them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdK-uHS76U

3 peaches

1/2 stick butter, melted

1/3 cup honey

2 teaspoons cinnamon

2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey

Ice cream or Cool Whip for serving

1. Cut the peaches in half and slightly hollow out the cores for the ice cream or Cool Whip to sit. Set aside.

2. In a small saucepan, whisk together the butter, honey, cinnamon and Jack Daniels.

3. Place the saucepan on the grill and whisk frequently until the glaze warms slightly.

4. Place the peaches, pit side down onto a hot and greased grill. Grill the peaches over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the peaches begin to soften slightly.

5. Lift the peaches off the grill and baste the pit side with the glaze and continue cooking the peaches an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the peaches are tender. Be sure to baste the peaches at least 2 more times while they continue to cook.

6. Remove the peaches from the grill and place a scoop of ice cream or Cool Whip on top. Drizzle with a little more of the glaze and serve immediately.

Tip: Be careful not to cook the peaches too long after glazing or they may burn.

Last edited:

ScottBehrens

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Aug 26, 2012
Vero Beach, FL
I wish I had seen this when my grilled peach mead attempt turned into a fail ! How soft were the peaches when you started them on the grill?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns