Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Default Custom Bottle Caps

So on a whim I searched the internets for custom bottle caps and of the five or so sites I looked at the one below had the best pricing. They are also located in Houston, only 100 miles away, so I decided to give them a try. I ordered 100 bottle caps with my cattle brand, Circle DW, on them at 7:15pm Wednesday night. Thursday morning at about 7:40am I got a notice that a shipping label had been created. Today (Friday) at 11am my postman handed me the bottle caps. Needless to say I'm impressed. They are $0.14 each. The other sites I surfed were about $0.40-$0.55 each. Ordering is as easy as uploading a picture into their design wizard, centering it on the cap, and ordering.

https://www.bottlemark.com/

Here is a pic - my camera sucks, they look better in person. Defects in the pic (cut-off on the left) are my fault, not theirs - the photo I submitted was one I took last year and it was cropped. When I centered the image the left was cut off a bit. When I order more I will take a better picture:

“Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could’ve become beer, but didn’t.” ~ Walter Thornburgh

"I carry two magnums: One is a gun and I keep it loaded. The other is a bottle and it keeps me loaded." ~ Tracer Bullet (Calvin & Hobbes)

What a fun idea! I have always marked the end of the cork with some indicator '14C' for 2014 cherry, '15S' for 2015 strawberry, etc instead of doing labels, but I like the custom cap idea!

Thanks for this. I have been looking for caps and labels that you don't have to buy in bulk. Good looking out.
    Wiley Coyote..Super Genius

I've used Bottlemark for perhaps too many brews. Lots of fun. I did find with my last batch that some of them didn't set right, so just make sure they're tight when you bottle. I lost a few to loose caps.
    Mead Magic
    Turn Honey Into Wine
    With our complete one-gallon kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    I've used Bottlemark for perhaps too many brews. Lots of fun. I did find with my last batch that some of them didn't set right, so just make sure they're tight when you bottle. I lost a few to loose caps.
    Could the bottle capper be out of adjustment or is it non-adjustable?
    Last edited by 58limited; 04-17-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    “Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could’ve become beer, but didn’t.” ~ Walter Thornburgh

"I carry two magnums: One is a gun and I keep it loaded. The other is a bottle and it keeps me loaded." ~ Tracer Bullet (Calvin & Hobbes)

Brew Your Own just had an article on how to transfer laser printed designs onto bottle caps, if you are willing to fiddle around at home.
    Bees stole my signature file!

Fiddling around at home? No way! That's what got me six kids!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then glory in battle to Hrothgar was given, waxing of war-fame, that willingly kinsmen obeyed his bidding, till the boys grew to manhood, a numerous band. It burned in his spirit to urge his folk to found a great building, a mead-hall grander than men of the era ever had heard of, and in it to share with young and old all of the blessings the Lord had allowed him, save life and retainers." - Beowulf

Quote Originally Posted by 58limited View Post
    Could the bottle capper be out of adjustment or is it non-adjustable?
    No, it's the caps. I've only had problems with printed caps. Plain color caps I've purchased were fine.
    Mead Magic
    Turn Honey Into Wine
    With our complete one-gallon kit!