• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Beer Advocate competition includes mead June 2-3, Boston

Barrel Char Wood Products

caduseus

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 20, 2016
Cincinnati
I got a notice from Beer Advocate about this competition which includes mead as well as other beverages. However, I have no additional information about it other than what you can read here.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/micro/

I looked everywhere on the site. Not only do I see nothing about mead, but this appears to be a way for micro-breweries to show off their stuff. There does not appear to be anything for home-meadmakers or even home-brewers.

And in my experience I have not been impressed with the braggots made my breweries unless done in collaboration with a meadery.

WayneG

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 27, 2016
Are there any worthwhile public Mead events in the North East?
Mead around here is rare and buying a bottle of each at the local stores gets expensive.
(So far I have not been impressed with what I have bought)
It would be great to have a regional tasting event, that way I will know if what I am making is worth the effort.

Maylar

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 23, 2015
Connecticut
Moonlight Meadery in NH does tastings. My son has been there and he says it's an awesome place.

WayneG

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 27, 2016
Moonlight Meadery in NH does tastings. My son has been there and he says it's an awesome place.
Thanks, I have been meaning to stop by there some day, I have family about a mile or so from there.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns