Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!
  1. Default so i uhh dumped what i hope to be just star san and dust

yeaaa. i went to stir my cyser with ec1118 and me and all my brilliance dident check to see if the top was dry and yea straght into the mead my question is sence there is some alchol in there already prob around 5% has anyone else even been this dumb b4?

I think you will be fine. FYI most people use cheap vodka in the air lock. star san isn't going to hurt anything at concentrations that low.

I've done the same. With several batches. Several times. So we learn, don't worry about it!

Just never put anything in your airlock that you can't risk getting in your mead. The dust was probably sanitized. You're probably fine.

"cheap" vodka indeed... no such thing where I live, so I use sulphite sanitizing solution for active ferments and I'm starting to use glycerine for aging.
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014