• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Any mazers in Texas?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Maylar

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 23, 2015
Connecticut
A friend of mine in Austin Tx is doing a mead yeast experiment with a bunch of small batches and I suggested to him that he find someone with a trained palette to help him evaluate the results. He can't find any mead freaks local to him and even his LHBS didn't know of any.

Do any of our brethren here know of a mead club down there?

Thanks.

loveofrose

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Nov 9, 2012
Texas
There is Meridian Hive Meadery in Austin, TX. I would ask there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hookemhorns

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 2, 2019
A friend of mine in Austin Tx is doing a mead yeast experiment with a bunch of small batches and I suggested to him that he find someone with a trained palette to help him evaluate the results. He can't find any mead freaks local to him and even his LHBS didn't know of any.

Do any of our brethren here know of a mead club down there?

Thanks.

+1 to reaching out to Meridian Hive. I met their CEO Cayce at Meadcon 2019. He later gave me a personal tour when I visited Austin for a weekend. I'm sure he or his mazer Mike would be willing to help and talk shop.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns