Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Hi all, Newbie here from down under

Hi all, literal brand newby here from Maffra, Victoria Australia,
    Sorry about the long post (i did sanitize everything)
    Anyway just saying hello, i started my Mead adventure on the 6th of april. Bought a 20L bucket from bunnings 2kg of cheap honey at the market, blended a handful of grapes with the bamix, 8L of water, chucked everything in the bucket with some sn9 yeast from Mangrove Jack, drilled a hole in the lid for an airlock and let her brew.
    Today i bought a homebrew kit with enough gear to make 20L cider and a 5L carboy to finish my mead.
    I ended up with the 5L Full and 2 X 1L. No idea what the alcohol content is but those 2 bottles are not going to last the night, however the carboy has restarted fermenting so i'll let it go for a while and see what happens, tomorrow i'll brew the cider cause it's there, then get back to the mead.

Just wondering, the brew kit i bought came a cider kit as i said. According to the label mix with water add 1kg sugar, pitch your yeast & nutrient (came with it) & let it brew.
    Anyway according to the can it is concentrated apple juice with sweetener, i'm thinking using it with honey (couple of kg) rather than sugar, would i be correct in assuming that would work and be a cyser??

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kebbard View Post
    Just wondering, the brew kit i bought came a cider kit as i said. According to the label mix with water add 1kg sugar, pitch your yeast & nutrient (came with it) & let it brew.
    Anyway according to the can it is concentrated apple juice with sweetener, i'm thinking using it with honey (couple of kg) rather than sugar, would i be correct in assuming that would work and be a cyser??
    Essentially it would be a cyser.

A cyser is honey fermented with apple.

Most people use straight up apple juice in place of water for a cyser.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk