Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Default Fresh honey for this season

Nothing really just saying that my bees is doing a great season!

Nice! Wildflower or mono-cropped?

Awesome! It looks like you've used it successfully, but if I ever rigged that filter with the legs over the bucket, it would fall over all the time - LOL. I just pulled 5 boxes (6" Supers) myself, so I should be around 12 gallons. It's been a weird year on the western slope of Colorado, and the bees are a bit behind. I'm hoping we get a late nectar surge.
    I hope you get a lot more (and your bees do great too).

Quote Originally Posted by EricHartman View Post
    Nice! Wildflower or mono-cropped?
    Itís wildflowers but in this photo I assume itís rapeseed, however I looove rapeseed honey itís particularly great in melomels and metheglins. In traditional itís boring and flat. I have done another harvest and itís mainly from raspberry flowers and clover. That one is my favorite. For the future I have planted Nyssa Sylvatica, which is Tupelo tree. Perhaps when Iím old it will gain some Tupelo honey... The bees have, this year, also collected quite much from apple and cherry. I must say, that this year is a really great year for us in Scandinavia itís normal temps and great crop year. I have also gained very strong hives. I had the possibilities to multiply my numbers in hives. I know have 10 hives which totally have given (so far) 450kg of honey. Itís insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrac View Post
    It’s wildflowers but in this photo I assume it’s rapeseed, however I looove rapeseed honey it’s particularly great in melomels and metheglins. In traditional it’s boring and flat. I have done another harvest and it’s mainly from raspberry flowers and clover. That one is my favorite. For the future I have planted Nyssa Sylvatica, which is Tupelo tree. Perhaps when I’m old it will gain some Tupelo honey... The bees have, this year, also collected quite much from apple and cherry. I must say, that this year is a really great year for us in Scandinavia it’s normal temps and great crop year. I have also gained very strong hives. I had the possibilities to multiply my numbers in hives. I know have 10 hives which totally have given (so far) 450kg of honey. It’s insane.
    Wow. That's a ton for that many hives.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

That's the kind of numbers a friend of mine's hoping to shoot for. That's NEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrac View Post
    I know have 10 hives which totally have given (so far) 450kg of honey. Itís insane.
    That has to be busy to keep up with! Does a bucket that size hold around 25 kg?

That looks like a 30l bucket, so it'll hold around 40kg, maybe a tad more, if I have to take a wild guess.

No its a 60l bucket. In the picture it is around 70kg in there. Donít fill it completely since it is awfully heavy to lift then.

Bliksem, okei!