• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Who is Mr/Ms Mead?

Barrel Char Wood Products

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
So I was wandering around GM? this morning and noticed some numbers.

Total posts: 4482
Oskaar: 873 -> 19.5%
Jmattioli: 534 -> 11.9%

Combined these two are nearly 1/3 (31.4%) of GM?!!!

I would just like to say thanks to these two, and everyone else at GM? for making this one of the most informative and friendliest places on the 'net.

I would especially like to thank Vicky for giving us all a place to play.

-jb

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
*Raises mazer in toast to the 3 main contributers of the forum and in toast to all others who support this forum in one way or another*

Suzy_Q_Brewmistres

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 18, 2004
HIP HIP HUZZAH!
HIP HIP HUZZAH!
HIP HIP HUZZAH!

:-* Suzy Q

Oooops. I repeated this cuz the error note came up... so I wasn't sure if it went through. But it's worth repeating...:)

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
LOL Looks like I better find the rest of my life :-/

My voice is only one of many and it's the diversity on the board and other posters who have different views and different processes that make the board great. I learn something new here every day and that's thanks to all the other folks out there like ScottS, McFeeley, Jmattioli, JoeM, Thirsty Viking, Vicky, Talon, JamesP, Pewter, Norskerwood and some of the commercial meadery posts when they breeze in as well.

Bottom line is that one man's voice is an opinion, many voices are a forum. I'm glad you all are willing to share your knowledge with the rest of us.

Special Thanks to Vicky for our playground!

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Thanks guys. And you should all know that Talon, GntlKnight, Oskaar and several others have done much to help out besides just posting like demons.....

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Vicky

beeboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2004
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Hey Ho I'll drink to that, in fact I'll drink to just about anything as long as the drink is Mead. ;D Merry Christmas to all. Drink, Laugh and Love
Beeboy

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
With 208 posts, that puts me at the 6th top poster on the site! WOOT!
I'm following ThirstyViking who has 262 posts.
ScottS is closely following me with 204.

Time to open a bottle of mead to celebrate!

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Heh, not that we have been on the new SMF forum for about 10 days Oskaar's profile says he is averaging over 90 posts a day! :-* Dude! Get some sleep! *grin*

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Everyone keeps mentioning this wierd concept of sleep... What's that?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Sleep. . . bad Coffee . . . good!

I remember when I was a programmer in the early eighties working at Hughes Aircraft that I'd get an idea on a project and want to keep after it I'd buy some Jolt Cola and mix in some Folger's Coffee Crystals and a No Doze or two. Got the shakes pretty bad a coupla times on that but always met project deadlines. LOL

Cheers,

Oskaar

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Oskaar said:
I learn something new here every day and that's thanks to all the other folks out there like ScottS, McFeeley, Jmattioli, JoeM, Thirsty Viking, Vicky, Talon, JamesP, Pewter, Norskerwood...

Norskerwood? lol :eek: ??? ;D

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
How about chololate orange coffee mead? I'm planning on making one of them sometime soon...

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I've made mead with coffee sometime in the past, as I recall it was pretty good. I like honey in my coffee so to me it just made sense.

I'll see if I can dig up the recipe somewhere, my old archives are all on tapes that have gone the way of the dodo.

Oskaar

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Can I interrest you in a nice optical drive device? *grins*

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Way ahead of you there Talon. A couple of DVD burners are now the archive device for data, and RAID drives are the system backups. Tape was always a pain in the butt!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns