• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

How many bottles of finished Mead?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
So Joe!

You been "Rat-holin" away mead for a rainy day? I hope you have a guest room! ;D

I have 43 750 ml and about 24 22 oz bottles of assorted mead, 4 1.5 litre bottles of sparkling mead, and 70 750 bottles of wine (my Dad's and mine), and a couple dozen bottles of ale.

Over the weekend we killed off 24 bottles of chili mead, and 28 bottles of pumpkin ale.

I need more mead.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Here I am feeling good that I've got 3 cases at 12x750ml bottles... lol. All assorted meads, etc...

But then again, I don't have too much storage space either...

ScottS

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 12, 2003
www.slezakfarms.com
Sheesh, let me count.

I only use 12 oz bottles, and I've got 12 cases. All but one is full, and 3 of those are beer. So 8 cases, 200 bottles, or the equivalent of 100 750ml bottles.

Do kegs count? 4 more arrived on my doorstep yesterday. ;)

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
I have 4 bottles of White Winter Winery meads in my wine rack... do they count? ;D

None of my own will be ready to bottle until around Christmas - except maybe the ancient orange...

Aggie4You

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Oct 29, 2004
So far, everything I've made (that I've bottled) has gone into 16 oz. Grolsch style bottles.

I've got two bottles of extra super amazingly sweet cyser (1.12 FG) and 10 bottles of extra super sweet cyser (1.07 FG) in my refrigerator. I've got two bottles of Vanilla Metheglynn in storage (unfortunately, I was careless and spilled the rest of the gallon... stupid me). I've got a Passion Fruit mead that's almost ready to bottle and I figure I'll get 6-8 bottles out of it.

I only started in october though, so I don't think I'm doing to bad. :)

beeboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2004
Port Orange, Florida, USA
After a quick count my bottled mead stands at 20 .75 liter bottles and 2 1.5 liter bottles of persimon mead. I also have 8 .75 liter bottles and 3 1.5 liter bottles of the very sweet peach/pear mead which I started back in August. That gives me a total of 28 small and 5 large bottles so far. ;D Humm, maybe it is time to start another 5 gallon batch. I know where ther are a bunch of sickle pears just waiting to be picked.
Drink, Laugh and love, Beeboy

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I got maybe 10 bottles laying around, not counting the commercial meads. However, I have 30 gallons in various stages in carboys or buckets. Oh, make that 32, with the mead I made at the Manteo Elizabethan Faire during my demo....

Most of my bottles get snapped up at faires or sent off as gifts, so I don't often have a lot bottled....

Vicky - really going to bed now after *finally* getting every single CD I have onto the MP3 player. 3950 songs, and a 20 hour battery. And it only took 6 months........

Whteknght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 25, 2004
No where near the big boys, but right now I have 15 750ml bottles of Raspberry/Blackberry Melomel (2 seperate batches), 9 750 ml bottles of plain mead, and 25 375 ml bottles of Cyser. (All dry, not sweet). I am working on finding a good way to recreate some of these as sweet meads, especially the cyser. Hmmm... I seem to have 4 empty carboys right now and nothing started. We just can't have this.

*Starts planning new batches*

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
My pyment hit the bottles last night. I had 18 1/2 bottles of various sizes.

1. 750 ml.
6. 20 oz.
11. 16 oz.

1/2 20 oz. Very cloudy from the last bit out of the carboy. I drank about half of that last night.

So I have a total of 18 bottles... wait... 17... no 16... no 14...
I've got to ditch a few "friends" ;D They've been waiting months for my first bottling... ::)

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Where'd it all go? ???

Three weeks ago I had 18 bottles of various sizes of my first pyment.

As of today I have exactly three. :eek:

Two 20 oz bottles and 1 16 oz bottle are all that remain in my wine rack.

It's a good thing that my batch of Joe's Ancient Orange/Spice is almost ready to bottle.

...now if I can get everyone to give back the empty bottles... ;D

Tsuchi

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 28, 2004
www.earthworks-design.com
As of oh, say ten minutes ago... I bottled my first batch cyser ( minus a few for tonight ;) ) I've now got 32, grolsh and 13, 235ml bottles. Though I've got a few spoken for allready. I wonder, should I subtract them from the total yet ? :D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Congratulations!!

Keep going and you'll have a housefull soon!

Cheers,

Oskaar

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Let's see I have about.
3 cases of 750ml of mead
1 case of 750ml of various melomels
11 pints of braggot
25 12oz of braggot
But i think i need to subtract 1- 750ml bottle from my first batch which i believe is infected ??? and i willl never drink but keep for nostalgia. If you saw it you wouldn't drink it. But we drank the other ones from that batch anyways. ;D

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
As of tonight and bottling my diminished batch of Joe's Ancient Orange, I now have 14 bottles of finished mead - my own anyway. I still have 4 bottles of commercial mead.

Suzy_Q_Brewmistres

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 18, 2004
And.. as of this afternoon... I have.....
8 bottles of Ye Olde Batte's Proven Recipe
5 bottles of Joe's Ancient Orange
5 bottles of Thirsty Viking's apple cyser

I did my first bottling this weekend... and my advice.....
Have plenty, and I mean PLENTY of clean bottles ready to be filled. I was suprized at how many bottles I needed for my 3 gallon carboy. I had planned on bottling up a couple other 1 gallon meads... but ran out of time, energy and clean bottles.

All in all... a very productive weekend.

:-* Suzy Q

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns