Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!
  1. Default Condensed mead: Moderated by Oskaar

Heilsa All,I was wondering if anyone made condensed mead? A friend in Denver gave me some a few years back,but I lost touch with him. He told me how he did it but.I have since tried to do it,and every time I try the surface starts to mold.Any ideas?In Frith,Fenris

Default Re: Condensed mead

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisget
    Heilsa All,I was wondering if anyone made condensed mead? A friend in Denver gave me some a few years back,but I lost touch with him. He told me how he did it but.I have since tried to do it,and every time I try the surface starts to mold.Any ideas?
    Not sure what you mean by "condensed mead." By any chance, is it distilled mead, i.e., mead brandy that you're talking about?
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)

Ice Mead perhaps? Partially freeze and skim ice...

4. Default Re: Condensed mead

He called it condensed,he said to let air get to it so it dried out,it was about the consistancy of honey but could tell by taste it was mead,meant for pouring on your lover,so you could lick it off

BODY SHOTS! WOOT!

6. Default Re: Condensed mead

It was fun while supplies lasted

Just my opinion but I think this thread is getting to be in bad taste concerning the subject of Mead.....

Joe

This thread should probably be in the Hive. But, I do like the concept . I think I'll experiment

Default Re: Condensed Mead

Sorry all -- I'm taking the liberty of shifting this thread to the Hive since replies to this post are going to go, well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisget
    He called it condensed,he said to let air get to it so it dried out,it was about the consistancy of honey but could tell by taste it was mead,meant for pouring on your lover,so you could lick it off
    Fenris, I think your friend was pulling your leg. Removing the water from a mead is only going to leave a powdery residue.

My suggestion would be to take a quantity of honey, add sufficient mead to retain the right consistency but make the taste more interesting, then apply as was originally suggested.

Folks -- keep in mind this is a public forum. Your spouse/partner/et. al. may be reading your replies to this post!
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)