• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Ginger Mead

Barrel Char Wood Products

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
TBD,

Pretty color. Looks like you had a corking problem, though.

-David

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Just a tad David, I usually get 1 of them out of every case I cork, I have been trying to fine tune my corker and athough I havent figured it out totally yet its getting better...lol

JamesP

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 3, 2003
Brisbane Australia
I use a sanitised piece of e-string guitar wire (the smallest one) inserted into the neck of the bottle while corking (then pulled out once the cork is inserted),
which allows the pressure to dissipate and makes the cork go in easier - HTH.

I don't even use one of those metal corking devices, just a plastic push-by-hand corker ($10).

I also soften the corks in near-boiling water - but I've heard there are draw-backs with this.

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
I like your label. But I can't stand horns on a viking helmet! :D

The sword is right though. ;)

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
well I popped the cork on one of the bottles of Ginger Mead.....WOW the ginger flavor came through nicely and the sweetness was between dry and semi sweet maybe 1.005 sg but I didn't check it was chilled to 35 degrees and it tasted so wonderful just didn't think of checking the sg

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
TBD,

Way to go! I love the pale color on that -- really fine and crisp-looking. Great job!

-David

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Thanks David, also thanks for the great logbook entry on my new web site. I added a Got Mead Banner to link to this site on my home page, thought it was the least I could do for all the help ya'll have given me getting my meads to the next level....Thanks again to all here...:D

Millinger

NewBee
Registered Member
May 13, 2019
Ginger Mead? How does tastes? I couldn't even think that ginger could be used not only with sushi, but even with such product as mead. How do you do bottled ginger mead?

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Hi Millinger.... you might want to check dates before you ask questions, this thread is fourteen years inactive. And as for ginger mead, have you never had ginger ale?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns