Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!
  1. Default Yet Another Label Question

Ok, I've seen lots of nice labels in here. I have decent software and have even produced a few. But I got a nasty suprise the other day. It's been downright humid here lately, and when I pulled a bottle out, condensation quickly formed on it. I learned a quick lesson.

My ink runs. Ok, I probably should have thought about that sooner. I'm using an HP Photojet printer printing to Avery labels. I'm guessing that's not a good setup. What are others using, and do you have this problem?

Default Re: Yet Another Label Question

I use photo paper for my labels. The ink doesn't run. The downside is cutting them.

I believe that there are labels that are high enough quality paper to hold the color, but I have not researched them. The only way that I know of to keep the color from running is to have the labels produced at Kinkos from a color file I send in to them via the web which I do when I'm bottling a large batch.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Default Re: Yet Another Label Question

Clear spray paint!

Anthony

4. Default Re: Yet Another Label Question

If you use a laser printer, it shouldn't run.

If you must use an Ink/Bubblejet printer, you can get a "fixative" at art supply stores used for charcoal drawings and the like that should waterproof your labels.

5. Default Re: Yet Another Label Question

Actually, the new bubble jet printers ( tha ones using archival ink) do not "bleed" ink.
    Epson and canon are among the manufacturers.

Ted

6. Default Re: Yet Another Label Question

Thanks for all the suggestions. Have a fixative I've used for art projects. Will give that a shot for the next time.