• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

You're on your way to visit family and/or friends and . . .

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
You see Santa Claus on the side of the road hitchhiking. He gets in the car and he is obviously blasted on cheap grain alcohol, and smells like he's been pickled for the last three days running.

He takes one look at you, lurches forward and hurls on your dashboard, then passes out. You notice as he is snoring away and croaking out superlatives in his DT infected dreams that he has his "magic" gift bag in hand. You manage to work it out of his hand and open it to extract the gift you want most.

What do you pull out from the bag?

Consul

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 8, 2005
Mouko thinks the way I think. ;D

I don't want anything except for peace on Earth and goodwil towards mankind.

And sex.

;D

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
A sober Santa to collect the drunk Santa & the mess he made in my car. An 18lb. bucket of honey which is full every time the lid is removed, would be a nice parting gift.

Anthony

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
I'd check his pockets and take the keys to his magic sleigh so I could save money on gas. Then I'd take his bag back home with me, so I could toss back in and get rid of some of those lousy sweaters he's been bringing me for the last few years.

Questions: If you were to turn his reindeer into some really choice cuts, marinade them in your finest mead, and then grill them to perfection, would you gain the power to fly? And would it be bad of you to deny Santa of his normal mode of travel (and thus, the world of an ancient tradition) in order to reach for this power, or would the very rarity of the opportunity and potential gain involved make any action you take rather beyond mundane moral codes? Oh, yeah, and do you think they'd be gamey? I hate that gamey flavor.

-David

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
Well, I don't think you'd have to eat all the reindeer, but if you wanted to... My question is, if you eat Rudolf, will your nose start to glow?

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
mouko_yamamoto said:
Well, I don't think you'd have to eat all the reindeer, but if you wanted to... My question is, if you eat Rudolf, will your nose start to glow?

Good question, since this could save considerable money over the long term in electricty costs around the house -- an important point for a Cheap Yankee like myself.

-David

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
No gamey flavor. Are you insane in the membrane??? That's the whole idea of game! The meat they sell in the butcher shop is so genericized that to feel really alive I need to have meat that actually lets me know that it was frolicking around just a few days ago.

Bwaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaa!

But seriously, I JONES in a major way for real game, and that real meat flavor. Store bought beef is fine, but game is where the flavor is. Match that game up to a fine mead or wine and life is good!

Cheers,

Oskaar

M

Marko DaBeest

I pull out a shilaleigh toss the drunken fatman in the pit of despair and lay the smack down on JC and his old man.

DaBeest

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns