Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Etowah Meadery!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chatroom Saturday Night

Okay folks,

Howzabout we do an officially unofficial GM Saturday Night Chat, since things can be a little quiet around here on the weekends? Starting at, say, 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time (U.S.A.), and going until whenever...? Any interest? I mean, I'll be there -- hope to see ya'll too!

-David

2. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

I just might show up... Sounds like fun.

Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

*If* I dont have anything major going on in EQ2 I'll likely pop in

(yes yes, geek girl and proud of it)

4. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

I can't imagine I'd have much to contribute but I'll show up.

5. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

I wouldn't mind showing up, but I have an SCA event that I'm going to on Saturday and will probably not return home until late.

Cool!

Remember, right now the indicator on the bottom of the main Forum page reads "There Are 0 People Currently In The Chatroom" even when/if there are lots of people in there. It's a glitch the chat people are working on, but in the meantime, if you log on and see no one in the chatroom, check it out anyway.

-David

Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night -- 9:00pm Eastern

Just a reminder about this, one and all, to keep it up on the Recent Posts List.

See ya'll there and then!

-David

Wish I could join...but your 9:00 PM is my 3:00 AM! Never mind, someday I'll visit the States and then I'll log on...

Miriam
    Miriam the Mead Bubeh
    Israeli Kitchen www.mimi54.wordpress.com

9. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

Are we doing the chat room thing again tonight?

I'll be doing the chat tonight, 9:00pm Eastern time, for any and all interested. Had a strange, sudden obligation pop up last week -- nothing interesting either.

Hope to see some of you tonight in the chatroom!

-David

11. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

For some reason, I've been banned from the chat room for "Patent user harrassment", which is odd, because I've only ever been on twice. I've emailed them about it.

They explained that sometimes, they'll ban an entire ISP, which again is odd, since SBC has a huge userbase, and for some of us, it's the only high-speed option we have.

Can anyone tell me if they've seen my nick around in the chat rooms any other time than on Saturday nights?

12. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

I would also like to say that in no way was I ever abusive to anyone on that network. As I said, I was only ever on in the one channel (room), and only twice.

For anyone who knows how, I'm logged into irc.nightstar.net as Consul. You can join #nightstar_bar and find me.

13. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

I suppose I could have said I'd be on AIM, too (thanks for saying hi, Wrathwilde).

I also found out last night that it was only the nick that was banned. I was still able to log on using a different nickname and a standard IRC client (I'm using xchat for Windows). For those who wish to use the client of their choice (instead of the Java thing), just point your clients to:

irc.everywherechat.com

It works just fine. I'm thinking there's someone else using the nick Consul that is causing trouble. I never cause trouble for anyone... *cough*

Vicky, some of the others have mentioned that you are still interested in possible alternatives to the current chat application. I'm sure I can help here (I'm a Linux system administration and web development guy in my day job) and I've already found some possible alternatives. Please feel free to let me know one way or the other.

PS - On the current chat, I'll be known as Panurge.

There, coming over Charaton Bridge... (a free cookie to the first to get the reference.)

. . . Look do you see the man who is poor but rich.

That would be Gentle Giant's Octopus Album, song is "The advent of Panurge"

Good old Kerry Minear, LOL. They really cycled through the Shulman bros. too!
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

15. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

Very rarely has there been such a fantastic group of all multi-instrumentalists: six guys all swapping instruments around as fast as they could on stage to keep up with their own arrangements. That must have been a sight to behold.

I made a brief stop in…Good to see people in the chat room, and chatting <Surprisingly allot of people just sit in a chat room with there username wile browsing other windows?>

Hah! Anybody waiting on MY sorry typing skills needs to do something to keep from falling asleep!

Still, it's a fun time for those of us with some extra on our hands on Saturday nights. Subjects often start with mead/brewing/etc., but quickly take flight to other lands. Barring incident, I'll be there this Saturday at the same Bat time, same Bat channel.

-David

'k, Consul, I did some checking, and Joomla doesn' t really have a great chat host. E me and lets figure out how we can integrate your chat suggestion into the new site.

Vicky - about done with the SMF chat system
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

19. Default Re: Chatroom Saturday Night

Okay, I'll bring it up with Eric when I get home (which is around 8pm eastern time). I'll find out exactly what the task entails and send you an email. Sound like a plan?

Sounds good to me!
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast