• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Got Change? Subscribe and get the Good Stuff on GotMead.com

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Want to support the site? Good! I've got cool stuff to offer to make it worth your while. For only $25/YEAR (lets face it thats chump change, you can't even get a tank of gas for that!), you get all THIS:

In addition to Gotmeads 2500 pages of info and huge and active forum that you already enjoy, you will, upon subcribing, have access to the following items:

- The BrewBlog (menu item will be on the left) - here you can create an online brewing log, where you can keep track of your batches, notes and comments. No comments are allowed by others unless you say so, but all can read of your recipes, and benefit from your experience.

- The MeadCast - The GM Podcast. Starting with footage from the International Mead Festival and visits to Colorado meaderies, the MeadCast will, over time, be a monthly offering that includes pro meadery interviews, author talks, book reviews, tips, tricks and recipes for making mead, new places to purchase supplies, and anything else I can think of to help you make better mead, find better mead, and be a primo meadster.

- Mead & Honey Reviews - We've many people who have a great deal of experience with wines and meads, and will be posting reviews of commercial meads and honeys from around the world.

- Special articles and tools available only to subscribers - yet to be released. But as I devise more ways to provide mead info, and other things, they will be made available to subscribers and you will be notified as they roll out.

And, last, but not least........::drum roll::
- YOUR OWN @gotmead.com EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!

So, so far about 15 people have signed up. I'm moving them over and setting up their email addresses as we speak. So, if you wanna get be special, and get the Good Stuff on GM, now is your chance. Pony up the measly $25.00 US per year and be Special!

Vicky - working on more new and cool toys for the site

P.S. I'm doing the switchovers manually until the next version of the subscription software I'm looking at comes out to do it automatically. So, if you subscribe, work with me, I'm creating the emails manually and moving people to the new 'patron' level manually. This will all be automates, hopefully soon, but meanwhile I'm just doing it on my own.

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
For all those perched on the edge of the decision, please take the leap and subscribe. I am very new to Mead making myself, but what I have learned from this site makes me feel like an old hand.

And consider, for the price of two bottles of a good Mead, you can get all of the tools to learn how to make unlimited bottles of your own excellent brew.

Angus - subscribed and happily planning the next batch.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hey, those of you that sent me checks, pm me. I had all the envelopes set aside, and while I was out, my mom 'straightened up'......

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
Worry not, out there in Gotmead Land. My "check" is in the mail. I sent it in this afternoon on my way into work. ;D I will join this great site.

May the gods grant you great brews,
Gerald

Jesse

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 18, 2007
Gotmead.com is worth $25.00 a year without any extras.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
::dimpling:: Why *thank* you Jesse! And thanks for subscribing today!

Vicky - who just spent Sunday boxing up over 400 books (from nearly 40 years of collecting) to donate to the library, and offloading a couple 10 year old computers and *bags* of trash.. the first salvo in de-packratting my house......

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Vicky,
I would like to offer my services in assisting you in de-packratting your house. Please let me know when I can come "declutter" your mead stash. I know this will be difficult for me to do, but I will do my best to support your cleaning efforts...

:tongue3: :tongue3:

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
HeHe....that is probably the only area in the house that *doesn't* need de-packratting.......but my basement is a perfect candidate for those guys on 'Mission Organization', worse than any show they've done so far.....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns