• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Fresh honey for this season

Barrel Char Wood Products

Cobrac

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Sep 6, 2016
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Nothing really just saying that my bees is doing a great season!

7947c74dbe8714d9895c07b1d79fd7f2.jpg

4give

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 1, 2018
Montrose, CO
Awesome! It looks like you've used it successfully, but if I ever rigged that filter with the legs over the bucket, it would fall over all the time - LOL. I just pulled 5 boxes (6" Supers) myself, so I should be around 12 gallons. It's been a weird year on the western slope of Colorado, and the bees are a bit behind. I'm hoping we get a late nectar surge.
I hope you get a lot more (and your bees do great too).

Cobrac

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Sep 6, 2016
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Nice! Wildflower or mono-cropped?

It’s wildflowers but in this photo I assume it’s rapeseed, however I looove rapeseed honey it’s particularly great in melomels and metheglins. In traditional it’s boring and flat. I have done another harvest and it’s mainly from raspberry flowers and clover. That one is my favorite. For the future I have planted Nyssa Sylvatica, which is Tupelo tree. Perhaps when I’m old it will gain some Tupelo honey... The bees have, this year, also collected quite much from apple and cherry. I must say, that this year is a really great year for us in Scandinavia it’s normal temps and great crop year. I have also gained very strong hives. I had the possibilities to multiply my numbers in hives. I know have 10 hives which totally have given (so far) 450kg of honey. It’s insane.

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
It’s wildflowers but in this photo I assume it’s rapeseed, however I looove rapeseed honey it’s particularly great in melomels and metheglins. In traditional it’s boring and flat. I have done another harvest and it’s mainly from raspberry flowers and clover. That one is my favorite. For the future I have planted Nyssa Sylvatica, which is Tupelo tree. Perhaps when I’m old it will gain some Tupelo honey... The bees have, this year, also collected quite much from apple and cherry. I must say, that this year is a really great year for us in Scandinavia it’s normal temps and great crop year. I have also gained very strong hives. I had the possibilities to multiply my numbers in hives. I know have 10 hives which totally have given (so far) 450kg of honey. It’s insane.

Wow. That's a ton for that many hives.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns