• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

hi awesome East Kingdom brewers.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Isenax

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 10, 2008
I live with Gwir. I'm her apprentice, and some-time co-inventer. *L*

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
Welcome to you too Isenax!

Just do like the Sandman says, make your self to home. There are lots of friendly people here to help you on your journey.

Look around and see if your questions have already been answered by searching both the main site or the forums. If you still can't find the answer, just ask! We're all glad to help! (but I guarantee you, somebody else has probably already asked the question!)

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Welcome to Got Mead?

It would be great to get some activity in this area. It's been dead for a long time and the more folks from the SCA that join up and share their methodologies the more we get a better view of what meadmaking is like in the diverse kingdoms of the SCA!

Cheers,

Oskaar

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
is NYC part of this region? Of all the ones it looks like this is the best fit?

Anyone else going to pennsic 08?

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
Nah! any part of the US is west ::) Why'dya think they call the cowboy films "westerns" ? It's not just the west of the US, it's west of everywhere :laughing7:

Hell, even I'm west..... west of the 0 degree meridian...........by about 10 miles (proper miles :D imperial ones. None of that "klickometre" rubbish here).

Mind you. It doesn't seem to matter whether you're east, west or "up Jacks a**e picking daisies" :D everyone seems very friendly.

So whatever "presses your buttons", it's good 'ere :laughing4:

regards

the fatbloke :tard:

Gwir

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 25, 2006
isenax and i are going to try to make pennsic this yr but who knows. we are unemployed.
if we are employed we will be there and camping with seven leaves in the bog.

dogglebe

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 14, 2003
hbd.org
I was all set to go this year (my first year). Got the days off from work. Got permission from my wife. Got a new tent...

Then the transmission went on my car...

F--- ME!!

Phil

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
If anyone shows up, /msg me. :(

I'm finding that no one in my group brews, and I'm gonna be alone with awful crap brew. eww :p

Itchy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 6, 2007
Greetings All,

Trying to get into mead brewing but been laid up for a couple of months due to injury. Though I do have a question about the SCA. About 12 years ago I attended an event or 2 with Kingdom of Acre http://www.kingdomofacre.org/contact.html I do not know or remember if they are affliated with SCA I do know they always attened Pennsic. Would be looking to get into the SCA once I'm healed up in a couple of months and with the price of gas and the cost of fishing figured now would be more of a reason. Originally from NYC "Brooklyn Area" but moved out East to Long Island Suffolk. Would be looking to start with the SCA as a brewer then once I gain my health back I would be taking up Archery and heavy weapons fighting as well. If anybody could point me in the right direction that would be great. Actually been checking out the Farmer Markets in the City to see if I would be able to get some Bulk Honey Deals.

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
I don't really know anyone at Acre, but maybe someone here might know more about them specifically.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns