• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Anheuser-Busch - Proving again that they are PURE EVIL!

Barrel Char Wood Products
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Well,

What can I say? Besides being the neo-totalitarianists of the shitty beer world, BuTT-WIper now wants to press the small and craft brewers off the map with a sleezy bill in California that would allow them to increase the limit 1,600% so they can use give-ways to curry favor with stores, bars and restaurants and allow them to increase their favorable placements. So . . . . Mr. Albertson....I have some girls in the car that are just dying to meet you!

Anheuser-Busch, Assembly Bill 1245

http://www.beertown.org/email/aha/utah_alert/alabama1.htm

Bastages!

Oskaar

holycontagion

NewBee
Registered Member
May 15, 2008
Somehow I am not at all surprised. Apparently blanketing half the world with crappy beer just isn't enough, have to go after the guys with actual taste and interest beyond Bud Light Lime. I'm sure A&B has more than one politician in their pockets so I wish Cali folks luck! Just make sure you actually write your reps about this crap. I've been doing the same thing regarding purchasing wines from out of state wineries. :angry5:

*sips on his Glenlivet 12* Viva la resistance!

Brimminghorn

Gotmead Patrons
GotMead Patron
Mar 30, 2008
Seaford,DE
AB is definitley the EVIL of the beer world. I know Sam has had some trouble with AB here at Dogfish Head and it involved getting a lawyer. They want to own the brewing world and own all the distributing rights so when you buy any beer it will be an AB product. Also with the hop and barley shortage they will have more of a chance to put the small guys out of business, because they can buy up all the ingredients. AB sucks out loud!!!

Jon
A real brewer from a real brewery.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Given the devalued dollar, and the strength of the Euro, I'd say they're better than even.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Armyeric

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 28, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Call me what you may, but I have to thank AB for making a beer I can drink. I have Celiac's Disease which means I cannot have anything with wheat, rye or barley in it; otherwise I get sick. There are three sourgum based beers that I know of: New Grist (good), Bards Tale (blah), and Red Bridge by AB (good and smoothest). None of them beat a good Black and Tan or a Killians Irish Red. But AB made a beer I can drink and not feel out of place while with friends.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I'm glad there's something out there you can drink. You're a meadmaker, you'll eventually be able to brew your own as well that will be much better than what AB can make. There are a number of folks out there with Celiac's that actually brew their own. I think we actually have some recipes out there if you use the forum search tool.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Teufelhund

Banned
Oct 17, 2007
POX 181 Covington, OH 45318
What do we really expect? Everything is becoming monopolized by a very few select multi-billionaires. Ever wonder why you only see that same sh*t on the TV? Same songs on the radio over and over? Well, it's the same owners. link moderated for content lists those who own everything. :angry3:

:cheers:

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns