• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Honey Wisconsin

Barrel Char Wood Products

YeldarbMMIV

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 22, 2013
I recently moved to Southern Wisconsin from Ohio, and I am looking for a good honey supplier (and relatively inexpensive.) Does anybody know a good supplier?

I am also new to this site, and I am not exactly where I should be posting questions about honey/ suppliers.

Thanks for the patience and looking forward to hearing from the GotMead community.

Shelley

Honey Master
Registered Member
Sep 13, 2013
Harford, NY
MeadMagic.com
I recently moved to Southern Wisconsin from Ohio, and I am looking for a good honey supplier (and relatively inexpensive.) Does anybody know a good supplier?

I am also new to this site, and I am not exactly where I should be posting questions about honey/ suppliers.

Thanks for the patience and looking forward to hearing from the GotMead community.

The honey locater is an OK start, but you'll probably have much more luck with the Wisconsin Honey Producers Association web site. They've got an extensive list of honey producers at http://www.wihoney.org/index.php/services/. Also, never forget your little local beekeepers. Look for a beekeeping club near you and see if you can contact their members through the club.

jkane

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 3, 2010
SE Wisconsin
www.kane1.com
Where South? In the south east (Milwaukee) there are a few I can suggest. The 2 above are great. Kallas is also mail order. They are in Milwaukee. They buy honey around the US and repackage it. Indian Summer is in Germantown. You bring your own container and they will sell you bulk honey from their own hives. Those 2 are my standard supply places.

I have bought from http://www.luscioushoney.com/ in the past. Petra came to Milwaukee and gave my wife and I samples of their honey's before we bought some. They are a cooperative that gets honey more around the Madison area and further west. Good honey. No complaints. Indian Summer is just closer for me. :)

The honey bee people are a good choice too. Sometimes they are pretty proud of their honey though. You may not get as good of a price as you hoped for. They don't always give bulk price breaks. A former president is a member of our beer club in Milwaukee. Nice guy and knows a lot about bees. :)

Find a beer club nearby. They have mead makers usually. If you are looking for one and don't want to say where you are publically, PM me and I'll help you find one near you.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns