• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Big Texas Beer Fest

Barrel Char Wood Products

loveofrose

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Nov 9, 2012
Texas
I attended the Big Texas Beer Fest today. I am pleased to say two meaderies were there: Meridian Hive Meadery and Texas Mead Works. I really had no experience with either meadery prior to this, so I was eager to try them both. Well done. Very well done.

From Meridian, I tried Haven (think dialed back JAOM) and Frontier (Semi-Sweet OB). Both were fantastic. On top of that, the owner was present and a very personable gentleman.

I only tried Minstrel from Texas Mead Works, but it was very good in its own right. A nice perfumed metheglin with lingering aroma.

In short, Texas meaderies are starting to produce quality mead. If you see it, support it!

Better brewing through science!

See my brewing site at www.denardbrewing.com

See my Current Mead Making Techniques article here:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/current-mead-making-techniques.html

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns