PDA

View Full Version : HI

Doc76
04-05-2005, 04:33 PM
HI just signed up and wanted to introduce myslef. I am a beekeeper in New Brunswick Canada. I just started making mead last fall and have had alot of fun. I cruise around websites looking for info on mead but I hav found experience and patients are the best agents in mead making. I have made four batches so far. A sack mead, A blueberry melomel, A strawberry melomel and I just started a Mango,strawberry,pineapple,apple,peach and pear kinda mix/soup/mead. I havent tasted any of them yet but the finished ones are very clear. Just waiting for them to age a bit. Anyway enough about me hope to meet some interesting folks.

Doc

toolboxdiver
04-05-2005, 04:55 PM
HI just signed up and wanted to introduce myslef. I am a beekeeper in New Brunswick Canada. I just started making mead last fall and have had alot of fun. I cruise around websites looking for info on mead but I hav found experience and patients are the best agents in mead making. I have made four batches so far. A sack mead, A blueberry melomel, A strawberry melomel and I just started a Mango,strawberry,pineapple,apple,peach and pear kinda mix/soup/mead. I havent tasted any of them yet but the finished ones are very clear. Just waiting for them to age a bit. Anyway enough about me hope to meet some interesting folks.

Doc

Hello Doc, a bee keeper I am still considering going that route I have the space, but its alot of work from what I've read and from talking to other bee keepers. Good luck with your meads, and Melomels. I have a Blueberry Melomel aging in the Jug, and a Blueberry/Cranberry aging also. I also have 2 different cysers working in Carboys. Have a great day :)

Pewter_of_Deodar
04-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Welcome Doc! People that have honey are always welcome! ;D

But let us know how those batches turn out...

Pewter

ScottS
04-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the board! I keep bees too, last year was my first year. I'm doubling up on hives this year. Great fun!

lostnbronx
04-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Welcome!

This is a great place for mead makers to gather, and bee keepers too, I'd imagine. I don't keep bees myself -- I'm afraid of the responsibility of livestock, be they bees, or just about anything else. We had a turtle once whom I loved, but he was so much work. Of course, if he produced honey for us, I might not have minded so much!

-David

Norskersword
04-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey Doc,

Welcome to the forum! How long ago did you make your blueberry and strawberry meads? How did they turn out?

We have a couple of strawberries aging but I'm just a bit impatient for the results. We were also planning a blueberry mead some time down the line. Would you do that one again?

Doc76
04-15-2005, 06:47 AM
I started them back in October, and they are looking good. I am bulk aging the strawberry still but have bottled the blueberry. I just racked the strawberry wednsday for the last time and it tastes great. My mango mix is on what I call stage two. And I just started a braggot yesterday. Its friggin addicting. I think I will bottle my strawberry in May.

Doc 76 ;D

Doc76
04-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Oh yeah, I havent tried the blueberry yet, But I am waiting until my order of queens comes in from Ontario(Canada) to crack them babies. I am sure they will be good. It was an experimental one galon batch. I used about three pounds of blueberries and three pounds of honey. I got a good lift off it when I bottled it, and it tasted awesome. I think I will call it atomic blueberry.

Doc 76