• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Green fruits

Barrel Char Wood Products

ScottS

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 12, 2003
www.slezakfarms.com
What drives me nuts is that sassafrass was determined to be a carcinogen by giving megadoses of it to rats. Well geez, table salt is a carcinogen too, in huge quantities. ::) Makes me wonder if the whole thing is a ploy by the soft drink industry to eliminate competition. Lucky for me, I just have to go down the street and dig up some sassafrass. ;)

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004
Hate to say it, but no government ban has ever been based on anything other than some industry's economic ambitions.

Marijuana was banned because the hemp industry threatened the forestry/paper industry.

The recent ban on ephedra because 150 deaths over a period of a couple decades posed an "unacceptable risk" ??? Meanwhile thousand die each year from smoking, but the FDA considers that an acceptable risk ??? Somehow the logic eludes me. I guess the supplement industry hasn't lined enough pockets yet.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns