• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Detroit area Mead and Greet

Barrel Char Wood Products

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
the couple Saturdays I've gone there around 230-300 I think I was the first person to show up. Not sure how busy they get later on.

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit
Guess I would lean toward visiting BNektar on Saturday. They have not had too many issues with me bringing bottles and sharing with them in the past. Although I haven't seen
Brad or Paul at a tasting in a while...

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
Guess I would lean toward visiting BNektar on Saturday. They have not had too many issues with me bringing bottles and sharing with them in the past. Although I haven't seen
Brad or Paul at a tasting in a while...

Seems like its been Ian there most often now, but I have seen people bringing in their meads for the guys to taste. I'm up for B Nektar and lunch, it's been a a month or so since I've been there and I know they've had a couple new releases since last I've been there.

Any other opinions or is it B Nektar on the 26th by default lol?

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
OK, I guess it's B Nektar on Saturday May 26th.

How does 2pm sound and after we find something like Coney for late lunch/early dinner?

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
I knew it was going to be one of those weekends where either everyone would be free or half would be gone. Seems half will be gone, but the other half of us will have a good time.

Hope everyone heading out of town has fun time and a safe trip.

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
Hopefully those who said they were going to be able to make it out haven't forgotten that we planned this for 2 o'clock today :)

Yes, I almost forgot!

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
Had a great time with Skunkboy and the guys from B Nektar. The Evil Genius IPA inspired Mead was really good as was this latest batch of Cherry Chipotle.

B Nektar is going massive for Mead Day this year which is the first Saturday in August so we should get something planned to head up there. Plus if anyone has suggestions for a location and date for late June/early July throw out the ideas so we can plan early.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns