• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I got to meet a second Gotmeader face to face!

Barrel Char Wood Products

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Whew! What a hijack! lol

Anyway...to get back on topic! It's always great to meet folks from online forums. I've had a few from my mopar forums and from audiokarma and I'm always amazed at how much we have in common considering most of us are from very diverse backgrounds.

The audio thing especially breeds "birds of a feather" Last person I met from the audiophile community freaked out when he saw my Plymouth Road Runner. It's a nice car, but not like "freak out" nice, but then he shows me a Road Runner tattoo!

So open invitation to all who want to visit Miami Beach this winter and warm up a bit. I'll have the BBQ ready with some steaks or pulled pork and plenty to drink! You can always cab it back to the hotel and I will pick you up the next morning to get the rental and a good Irish breakfast.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
The audio thing especially breeds "birds of a feather" Last person I met from the audiophile community freaked out when he saw my Plymouth Road Runner. It's a nice car, but not like "freak out" nice, but then he shows me a Road Runner tattoo!

LOL, you wouldn't believe the number of comments I get from random strangers about my 'vette... got waved at today, even... And a good number of Gotmeaders have owned or driven one...

So open invitation to all who want to visit Miami Beach this winter and warm up a bit. I'll have the BBQ ready with some steaks or pulled pork and plenty to drink! You can always cab it back to the hotel and I will pick you up the next morning to get the rental and a good Irish breakfast.

seriously thinking about that passport thing today, it was -33C this morning at work... but I'll have to come up with some way to rent a car and have it covered under insurance that doesn't cost me more than the rental, my insurance agent laughed at me when I asked if I could get comprehensive with the Beast...

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
seriously thinking about that passport thing today, it was -33C this morning at work... but I'll have to come up with some way to rent a car and have it covered under insurance that doesn't cost me more than the rental, my insurance agent laughed at me when I asked if I could get comprehensive with the Beast...
[/QUOTE]

First of all, it's a collector car and you can get Grundy or Hagerty to insure it for something like $200 bucks a year full coverage. Just as long as you don't drive the wheels off it on a yearly basis... they are usually OK with 3 or 4K miles a year.

Second...if you have a major credit card, they cover the insurance on a rental car. Just decline all coverage. Call your card company (assuming you have one) and ask.

Third... GET DOWN HERE! It was 80F today and sunny.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Well, if you do the passport thing and decide to stop in Ferndale to visit Schramms, lets us Michigan Trolls know :)

Oh, I'll be very public about it, promise :)

First of all, it's a collector car and you can get Grundy or Hagerty to insure it for something like $200 bucks a year full coverage. Just as long as you don't drive the wheels off it on a yearly basis... they are usually OK with 3 or 4K miles a year.

Yeah, it's my daily driver and I put at least 500 km on it a week. No antique auto insurance for me. However, liability and basic whatever is still only around $700/year...

Second...if you have a major credit card, they cover the insurance on a rental car. Just decline all coverage. Call your card company (assuming you have one) and ask.

Neither of my cards currently have that although I know a few people who have cards that do, but I know they involve a yearly fee, I don't know if it comes free with any other card I could get. It was something I planned to investigate if I ever needed to rent a car again but it wouldn't be worth it until that happens.

fuelish

NewBee
Registered Member
Come to Michigan, I work in some of the deadliest neighborhoods of America. As a bonus, I can give you a tour of the ruins of detroit.
I used to live up there, couple blocks west of Outer Drive and Warren , just south of Warren (that is, half a block south of the Detroit/Dearborn Hts border).....we got out when the gettin' was good, headed south to TN....I DON'T miss the snow :)

TheAlchemist

I am Meadlemania
GotMead Patron
Sep 9, 2010
near a lake
I have friends here who watch the Detroit news as their reality TV...

Heh.

But seriously.
Get a passport.
Get one for your husband.
You know I believe in a gifting based economy...
Don't be surprised if I pick you both up for a Thursday Trivianight at Schramm's sometime this summer...I could use some Chateau Chevette...

TheAlchemist

I am Meadlemania
GotMead Patron
Sep 9, 2010
near a lake

Bless you.
But I won't be making it to Miami this year...

TheAlchemist

I am Meadlemania
GotMead Patron
Sep 9, 2010
near a lake
Well, if you do the passport thing and decide to stop in Ferndale to visit Schramms, lets us Michigan Trolls know :)

MI Trolls Beware.
If she gets a passport for herself and himself...I truly am threatening to make a road trip to Ottawa this summer to bring them to Schramm's for supper.

kuri

NewBee
Registered Member
May 5, 2013
Japan
Just to put it out there, any time any of you guys are on a road trip and feel like making a brief side trip to Japan I'm open for having guests. A passport is a must, in that case, though.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Just to put it out there, any time any of you guys are on a road trip and feel like making a brief side trip to Japan I'm open for having guests. A passport is a must, in that case, though.

I better get one of these then:

pshedal.jpg

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns