• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Paid for patron membership - site not registering

Barrel Char Wood Products

SmackFairy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 20, 2022
Albuquerque, NM
Greetings,

I'm a newb looking to get started with some good recipes (and also looking to support the site), and I purchased a 3-mo membership back in April - but the site never registered it: it doesn't seem to show up on my profile, and I still can't access the Patrons-only forums.

Returning home from summer travels, I'm taking another look. My membership renewal fee just went through (edit: on July 23), and I have already sent multiple emails (over several months) to gotmead@gotmead.com with no response, so I'm feeling frustrated.

Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
If your membership renewal fee “just went through“, it could still take a few days for her to activate it.

Unfortunately, Gotmead is not what it once was, even from a few years ago. The owner rarely checks in and only uses it to post about upcoming podcasts.

You might try messaging her though the Gotmead Facebook site……

Last edited:

SmackFairy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 20, 2022
Albuquerque, NM
Success! Thanks for suggesting the FB page - Vicky was very responsive. I can understand the site not working properly, and email getting clogged, so for posterity: message the FB page!

Reactions: HoneyHobby

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
Success! Thanks for suggesting the FB page - Vicky was very responsive. I can understand the site not working properly, and email getting clogged, so for posterity: message the FB page!
Congrats!

Be an active member. Ask questions and (when you get answers) ask more questions, give feedback and say ”Thanks!”. Enjoy!

LirielWyvern

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Registered Member
Dec 19, 2023
Michigan
I paid for one year in December and still can't access any member forums, everything says "private"

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
Your title is still shows that you are a “NewBee”. That will change, to Patron, as soon as Vicky updates your status.

Did you try messaging Vicky on the Gotmead Facebook page?

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
There are two Gotmead FB pages; a prIvate page and a public page. You don’t have to be in the public Facebook group to message…..

That being said, I messaged her for you. I haven’t heard anything back from her and I wouldn’t expect to on a Sunday….

Megamom

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Registered Member
Nov 6, 2017
Iowa
I was a little disappointed in how quiet this site is also. I expected it to be popping. The facebook site is even quieter and I hate discord which is where I suspect a lot goes on. Hopefully it picks up a tad.

LirielWyvern

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Registered Member
Dec 19, 2023
Michigan
I was a little disappointed in how quiet this site is also. I expected it to be popping. The facebook site is even quieter and I hate discord which is where I suspect a lot goes on. Hopefully it picks up a tad.
Same.
I'm a reader/lurker, not usually a person that's posts, but there's not much posting going on.

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
Same.
I'm a reader/lurker, not usually a person that's posts, but there's not much posting going on.
It's been this way for a couple of years. I'm not sure if the site owner ever checks in anymore. If you use Facebook, try the "Modern Mead Makers" page. You'll have to sign up for it, but when you post a question, you'll usually get a couple of answers......

Matheson

NewBee
Registered Member
May 5, 2024
Arizona
I was a member more than a few years ago (different user name). Then I left. Registered again & realized this site has slowed way down.

Reactions: darigoni
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns